Monday, June 30, 2008

Opps, I Did it Again!!! More FREE Diapers!


I happened to be in town today, and I couldn't resist visiting that "other" pharmacy to see if they had restocked the diaper shelves. Well......they hadn't. But have you ever had one of those moments where you've been disappointed....but you just won't leave??? That was me today. Sad...dejected....staring at the shelves in disbelief.....milling around the store, refusing to leave. If "Wally" had been a boyfriend, I would have been a stalker, and poor "Wally" would have had to call the police on me today. To paraphrase an old song, if loving freebies was wrong, I didn't want to be right. But for once, obsessing paid off: I spied a $5.99 sticker in front of some lonely size 5 diapers. The package on these size 5's looked different than that on those I had purchased previously. Turns out these diapers were "premium." I took them to the cashier, and I learned that all of the store's "premium" diapers had been marked down; they simply hadn't changed the tags. So I picked up every premium size 3 and size 4 diaper I could find....but I came up short. I needed just...one....pack to round out my final set of 3. AND THAT'S WHEN I realized that the store's brand of training pants were also $5,99!!! Since I have one baby, and one day-time potty trained preschooler, the ability to scoop up both diapers and training pants was perfect!

Alright......Somebody come and help me. I'm now addicted to free diapers, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to pay for a diaper again.

1 comment:

Wanderer247 said...

Wow! This is a great slice-of-life, parents can relate to. I particularly like your stalker analogy and Wally... Good stuff. LOL.
Welcome to the Blog-osphere.
And many happy returns.
Thanks for sharing.